Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pretty little chips

So we got the cutest purple potatoes in last weeks organic box. I must admit they sat on my counter for a few days while I wondered what to do with them. Then of course via Pintrest I saw purple potato chips! That recipe called for frying though ,which I really try not to do @ home for a lot of reasons =).. So I decided to use my favorite blog Weelicious's recipe for baked chips. Which is perfect because you can use any potatoes you have! In fact I made a second batch of chips using sweet potatoes and added a little pumpkin pie spice with salt.. yummy! These are great for a late night snack too and should keep a day or so but best right after baked for maximum crunchiness =) Enjoy! linked up for more fun @ weekend potluck

Purple Potato Chips
purple potatoes ( sliced super thin .. I used a handheld mandolin)
1 Tbs canola oil
Salt n any other seasoning you want try!

* Heat oven to 400..
Then add the potatoes, salt, n oil in a large zip lock bag and shake it up ..perfect job for little ones =) ..
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and make one layer of chips..
Bake for 10-15 min then flip  over and bake a lil more until  crisp (keep a CLOSE eye they burn fast!)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment