Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A sweet little treat..

Ok so I will admit it. I have a bit of a sweet tooth... Make that a lot of sweet teeth : ) I love chocolate specifically dark chocolate ( which added bonus is antioxidant friendly ; ) ..) but I tend to go overboard which is really conflicting with my whole 30 minutes to getting back in shape , I'm a work in progress!.. So enter Jyselles favorite brownie! I make a batch of these for her ( us ) to keep in the freezer, they are a great lil snack when u you want something Chocolatey n we eat them straight from the freezer n they taste like fudge ! You can heat them up if u want but try them frozen first yummy ! Of course this is another fave from weelicious ! They are made with whole wheat flour and apple sauce so they are healthy ! The only change I made was I used white whole wheat and a fruit n veggie applesauce to bump up the nutritional content even more ; ) They are fun and easy to make with the kiddos in fact I have a baking station set up for us to make a new batch after nap time! So go ahead n have a few ; )



Gather up:
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (sometimes I even use all white whole wheat still yummy!)
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup applesauce (or one motts medleys applesauce!)
  • 2 large eggs (best at room temp)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

  And Then you:

Preheat oven to 350
Mix all the dry ingredients
Then in another bowl whisk the wet ingredients and then pour into the dry, mix it up ..
Then fold in mini chocolate chips...
Then scoop batter into a greased mini muffin pan and bake 10-12 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!

**To freeze place the baked brownie bites in a labeled freezer bag n freeze up to 3months,defrost at room temp n serve or eat em right out the freezer like us =)

No comments:

Post a Comment