Friday, October 5, 2012

Sweet veggie n sausage bake

I am really excited to share this recipe, it came about while I was browsing through Pintrest ( as usual). I had veggies and I had sausage and I was a little stumped what I wanted to do. I saw this recipe from dinneralovestory.com and got totally inspired. I decided to also combine a weelicious recipe and then magic happened. This sweet veggie n sausage bake was born. It was so good my sister and my niece even licked the foil clean and made it for dinner the next night! This recipe is perfect for fall and if you love it as much as we did make a double batch! Happy Friday! : ) ( Ive also linked up for another weekend potluck, check it out for more recipe inspiration!)

Sweet veggie n sausage bake
1package of sweet Italian sausage cut or chopped in large chunks
2 sweet potatoes peeled n chopped in large chunks
1 onion chopped in wedges
2 or 3 bell peppers of your choice chopped in large chunks
2 or 3 carrots peeled n chopped in large chunks
1 or 2 baking apples chopped in chunks
2 Tbs maple syrup
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs salt
*Combine all the veggies with the maple syrup, oil, n salt and marinate for an hour (or overnight too)..
Then heat oven to 425 spray a large foil lined baking sheet n place veggies n bake 25 min ..
After 25 min stir veggies and add sausage and apples (add a lil more maple if you like, i did )..
Then bake another 25-30 min or so till sausage is crispy n sweet (its ok if you forget like I did n leave it longer it just caramelizes everything even more =) Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment