Saturday, November 3, 2012

DIY microwaveable oatmeal

I saw this recipe on Pinterest a while back and had been wanting to make it. Then a few days ago I was pleasantly pushed  by my little one. It was a busy morning and she decided of course that day she wanted oatmeal. I know its so easy to open a little package, but in my quest to be as nutritious as I can I stopped buying them saying I would make my own. Only I hadn't yet and she was hungry! Pinterest to the rescue! I pulled up the recipe and within minutes my homemade oatmeal was ready and Jyselle downed two bowls! It was so easy and delicious! With this oatmeal in your pantry there is no need to fear busy mornings! You can still give your family or your little ones nutritious and delicious oatmeal ... in the microwave! Double score! =)
**p.s this recipe is still waiting my mothers approval who is the oatmeal queen ; )

DIY microwave oatmeal
2cups rolled oats(not quick or instant)
1/2cup dried fruit of your choice
1/2 cup nuts of choice ( optional)
1/4cup packed brown sugar
1/2 Tsp cinnamon

* Place all the ingredients in a large jar and shake it up! good to go! To cook: pour 1/3 cup of oatmeal mix into a bowl add 2/3 cup water, microwave on high 2 minutes, stir and enjoy! add milk if you like =)
          *TIP: Recipe source advises you use a deep cereal bowl because it can bubble over*

                     Linked up for another Weekend Potluck!








No comments:

Post a Comment