Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chocolate craving...

These days I have been loving me some chocolate.. i mean seriously! (I am sipping on my midnight snack Oreo cookie shake as i write this)  A little interesting when you have a little one around who loves to jump on your lap and share with you.. I believe all things in moderation. while I don't encourage "junk food" for kids I also try not to deprive my little one (or myself for that matter) of sweets here and there. When I bake I like to add some kind of nutritional benefit like white whole wheat flour, flax seed, wheat germ, veggies, fresh fruits, and more. That way I don't feel so bad when me and my little one have chocolate for breakfast and we do.. often =) From Chocolate pancakes, chocolate zucchini bread, and our favorite these days "chocy muffins" as my daughter calls them and I'm sharing the recipe with you today! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! The best part is you can bake em and freeze them! n then reheat whenever the chocolate urge hits you! =)
our ingredients(pretend u see canola oil i forgot to include oops)


have your little one mash the bananas =)
and lick the masher of course =)

once you have it all mixed 2gether add the beautiful chocolate
fill up mini muffin tins
watch the magic happen
and wala!! chocy muffins!!



CHOCY MUFFINS (makes about 20 mini muffins)

1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheatgerm or ground flax seed
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
1 large egg @ room temperature
2/3 cup milk @ room temperature
3 tbsp canola oil
2 ripe bananas mashed
3/4 cups of chocolate chips of your choice

*preheat oven to 400
mix dry ingredients in a small bowl
mix the honey,egg,milk, oil, and bananas in another bowl
then slowly add dry ingredients to the wet and stir in the chocolate
pour batter into mini cups n bake for about 15min or until toothpick comes out clean
cool and enjoy!

* Recipe adapted from weelicous.com get the original here

No comments:

Post a Comment