Thursday, July 19, 2012

sweet little muffin



One of my favorite things to keep in my freezer is muffins, when its really hot out and you dont want to turn on the oven these are great to pull out and warm in the toaster oven! You can still have a freshly baked muffin without having to bake! Just bake em when its cooler n label n freeze for up to 3months! They're the perfect quick breakfast, snack, or even dessert. I also love knowing that I made them so I know exactly whats in them and what I'm feeding my family. I got this recipe and the genius idea of freezing from my favorite family friendly food blog weelicous. These cute little muffins are sweet and deliciously nutritious. I love baking these with Jyselle too but this time she was too busy getting into her Aunties lotion to help me but of course she made it to the kitchen just in time to get her little hands on one =) You can get the original recipe here the only change I made was White Whole wheat flour. Ive also linked to the weekend potluck over at lifeasalofthouse. Hope you make these with or without your little ones and enjoy !

Sweet Potato Muffins
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup sweet potato puree (bake a sweet potato or two @400 for 1hour cool n slice open n mash flesh )
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1tsp vanilla
* preheat oven to 350
mix dry ingredients in a bowl n the wet in another then add dry to wet and drop about 1tablespoon into greased mini muffin tins bake for 15min cool and enjoy =)


No comments:

Post a Comment