Thursday, September 27, 2012

Crock pot Teriyaki chicken

So this recipe came together this Monday when I realized it was 1:00 and I didn't have all the ingredients for these Asian chicken tacos I wanted to make ( but I will make soon!). Pintrest + my crock pot to the rescue again! I browsed through several recipes, looked in my pantry corner, gathered what I had and came up with this! Crock pot chicken goodness that's what it was =) I served it alongside my favorite weelicious side dish Israeli couscous salad (only change I make is I use whole wheat Israeli or pearl couscous) Crisis averted, family fed, mission accomplished, take that Monday! =)
 I've linked up to weekend potluck! check it out for more kitchen inspiration!

Crock pot Teriyaki chicken
Family pack boneless chicken breasts or thighs
2/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Mirin ( if you don't have Mirin just use more brown sugar, I had it and wanted to try it)
6 Tbs apple cider vinegar
3/4 tsp minced ginger 3/4 tsp minced garlic
salt n pepper to taste
4 tsp cornstarch mixed with 4 tsp water

* Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and put in crock pot ( I use kitchen shears, I hate chopping chicken)...
Then whisk the sugar, mirin, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and s&p together and pour over chicken..
Cook on low for about 2-3 hours untill chicken is cooked through...
Remover chicken and keep warm..
Pour liquid into a sauce pan and bring to a boil..
Then add cornstarch water mixture to liquid and stir untill thickened. Serve sauce over chicken with rice or couscous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I am just looking for the perfect crockpot recipe! I want to break in my crockpot just right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! you are going to love this and your crock pot!!

      Delete