Monday, September 3, 2012

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread

I saw this recipe on pinterest a few months ago, and have been wanting to try it. Today I did! It was so deliciously chocolatey and slightly tart from the raspberries. Perfect pair with the sweet ripe bananas. I adapted the recipe with a mix of my other favorite chocolate chip banana bread recipe. you can get them here and here. I of course used white whole wheat flour for my nutritional punch. Trust me you cant even tell the difference. We all enjoyed a big slice and watched Bride wars ( great movie)  while enjoying this day off. I also made another weelicious goodie mini mexican muffins and another pinterest find lazy day casserole (both delicious)and we and listened to daddy play the saxophone (hasn't played since high school so hes re learning =)) I'm giving myself a proud mommy pat on the back. I had a happy little time in the kitchen today and a happy day off with the family. Happy Monday =)




Ingredients:
2cups white whole wheat flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
 3/4cup sugar
1stick butter@room temperature
2eggs@room temperature
2tsp vanilla
1/3cup milk
2small bananas mashed
1cup raspberries halved
1cup dark chocolate chips  ...or more =)

**Preheat oven to 350
Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl
Beat the sugar and butter. then beat eggs one at a time. add vanilla and milk and bananas.
Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet and mix together.
Fold in raspberries and chocolate.
Pour batter into a buttered loaf pan and bake for a hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool and enjoy.

                                                            linked to weekend potluck!!! check out the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment